A Selection Of Great Sports Marketing Dissertation Ideas
Sports Marketing is an enormous industry, generating billions of dollars of revenue each year. The challenge of finding a suitable topic for a dissertation in the subject area is finding one that has real relevance in the current sporting industry climate. Here is a list of brilliant sports marketing dissertation ideas:
- 1. Consider the challenges of marketing sports equipment manufactured in and sourced from developing countries. The issues of murky supply chains and child labour have dogged the major sports equipment companies for decades. What can be done to eradicate these problems?
- 2. How does the endorsement of a major sports celebrity affect the sales of a product? It is inevitable that the bigger the celebrity, the bigger the amount of money forked out to secure their services for endorsement of a product. Is it worth the trouble or could endorsement by a lesser celebrity be equally beneficial with the help of clever marketing ploys?
- 3. What is the benefit derived, per share of profit, from branding a sports stadium with a sponsor’s name? The latest trend, which has caught on in the last 15 years or so, is the branding of sports stadiums. Does this have a beneficial impact on the sponsor’s profitability? What about the impact on perceptions of sports fans regarding historic sporting sites?
- 4. Does the structure of sports leagues, or the length of sporting tournaments, have an impact on the marketing of that sport? The ongoing Cricket World Cup has been criticized for the length of the tournament and the number of one-sided contests. Compare and contrast with other sports and leagues to explore if this issue has a detrimental impact on the commercial value of the tournament.
- 5. Sports Law and Sports Marketing. Examine the impact of sports-related laws and what impact they have on marketing. Are the laws restrictive or helpful for the marketing efforts of sports-related businesses?
- 6. Sports in New Territories. Explore the use of sports marketing to popularize sports in new and unfamiliar regions. The examples of the NFL holding annual games in the UK and football organizing matches in the Middle East and Far East are relevant. Is this an effective marketing strategy?
- 7. Sports Advertising during Massive Sporting Occasions. Examine the effectiveness of Television advertising in the middle of major sporting events such as the Super Bowl or the Olympics. Is it worth the excessive amounts of money spent?