- Pros of a thesis writing company
- Picking a good thesis writer
- Getting thesis introduction samples
- US Foreign Policy subjects
- Working with thesis writing services
- A risk-free dissertation purchase
- Topics for a sample MBA thesis
- New MBA thesis topics
- Finding dissertation editing help
- Getting a free thesis template
- Crafting a Criminology MSc thesis
- Thesis templates in Nursing
- Psychology dissertation topics
- Citing an MLA thesis paper
- A purchase of a thesis
- Professional thesis writing help
- Renewable power thesis ideas
- Sports marketing thesis topics
- Impressing a defense committee
- Topic ideas for a thesis in politics
- Getting a thesis methods sample
- Picking a Psychology thesis topic
Basic Rules For Formatting An Electrical Engineering Dissertation Proposal
A dissertation proposal for a topic in electrical engineering follows a lot of the same formatting rules of other disciplines. You can usually find pretty good samples online or in writing guides. But for someone who needs to the information presented in a clear and concise way without any fuss or filler, the following instructions are all that you need to know:
- Providing the Research Questions
- The Literature Review or Synthesis
- Providing the Significance of Research
- Research or Study Methods Employed
- Bibliography and Other Sources
Your dissertation proposal should have one or several research questions it is attempting to address and answer. These can be simply stated at the beginning of your proposal to let the reader know what it is you are trying to prove or disprove. The larger questions should be introduced first with subordinate questions coming soon thereafter with less emphasis or focus.
Your work should identify the broader scholarly literature that has come before it and present the questions that the literature has brought up with fully answering or having left open ended. This section serves to establish the significance of your study in that it makes the case for how your work will extend what is already known in the field.
The best proposal should leave your advisor with a clear sense and understanding of all the main reasons why you are choosing to this particular work on electrical engineering. Answer questions such as why you are undertaking the study and what contributions you think it makes to the discipline. Remember that if there is no clear reason behind your work then perhaps there is no point in starting it.
The method of research you will be undertaking to complete your dissertation should be clearly expressed in its three basic principles: 1) the overall design; 2) the delineation of the approach; and 3) the process for executing research. Express this as clearly as possible, mindful that any other researcher should be able to pick up your work and replicate the study exactly.
Even though this list won’t be as exhaustive as it will be at the end of your research, it should still provide some direction as to where you will be looking for information. Your advisor will need to know what works you have identified as necessary to reference and will be able to make corrections or suggestions to your approach.
© 2017 RMetzner-GreenEarth
PhD Dissertation - Solving Common And Specific Writing Struggles