Crafting A Dissertation Proposal On Training And Development
What is a dissertation proposal? It’s the way you see your postgraduate project before you even start to work on it closely. You need to write it because the committee demands it. They want to see how you’re going to unfold the chosen topic and where your research’s going to lead you. Writing a training and development project proposal is not as complicated as many students think if you know several useful tips.
Steps towards a Successful Dissertation Proposal
- Choose and explore a topic.
- Discuss the topic with your supervisor.
If you have already chosen it, find out which direction you can choose to make it an interesting training and development research project that can be useful and interesting to your readers.
If you’re not sure whether you have chosen a good direction, talk it over with your supervisor. A piece of advice from a specialist can be very helpful.
Things to Know about a Dissertation Proposal
- When writing it, you shouldn’t worry if you don’t clearly visualize what you’re going to find at the end of your research. It’s a proposal and you can’t foresee the exact findings. If you do, there’s no sense doing the research because it’s not novel, challenging, or interesting.
- You need to set a hypothesis which is scientifically based and supported by reliable information on training and development. In the process of researching, you will find out whether the hypothesis turns out to be a fact or not.
- Compose an interesting thesis statement. It’s expected to represent the main idea you want to research or discuss in your work. It’s the weightiest reason why you’ve decided to compose this project.
- Give enough attention to the planning of body paragraphs. As soon as you haven’t yet done anything to start the research, you can’t tell exactly how everything will look in the process of working. This is why you need to imagine how it can be and plan the future body paragraphs as you see it. Your readers understand that everything will change with time but they see how professionally you’re going to approach the matter.
- Speak about the future findings without much confidence. As it has already been said above, you can’t foresee them exactly because you haven’t done the research yet. If you can foretell the results of your work, what for are you wasting your time? Make sure that you don’t sound too confident when speaking about the possible results of your work but try to make a prognosis based on scientific methods.