20 Winning Dissertation Titles In Architecture: Expert Suggestions
A successful dissertation begins with a powerful title. While your dissertation committee will read and evaluate your project, other readers might overlook your work if the title is weak. A strong title will use the perfect amount of words to show the reader exactly what you are trying to prove. A weak title will mislead the reader into thinking the paper is about something else. You want to show the reader the outcomes you are expecting and the context of the research that was conducted. Here are some title ideas for a dissertation in architecture:
- 1. Including the right amount of restrooms in large public venues
- 2. Designing organic structures that will withstand time
- 3. How to show culture in structures
- 4. Creating architectural beauty and purpose while staying within a budget
- 5. Using architecture to redefine a city
- 6. Updating century-old buildings without losing character
- 7. Cathedrals: Recreating the old world on a new world budget
- 8. Maximizing size in miniature homes
- 9. Using architecture to create healthy spaces in hospitals
- 10. Deconstructing the typical school to encourage creativity and collaboration
- 11. Architectural trends at transportation hubs
- 12. Outdoor architecture: Creating retreats in small urban backyards
- 13. The power of fresh air: Moving away from permanently closed windows in 20th century buildings
- 14. Getting people to move through energizing architecture
- 15. The mixed-use neighborhood: Trending Up or Down
- 16. Educating the masses on the power of architecture: What is the best method?
- 17. Architecture and Climate Change. What happens when location, location, location no longer exists?
- 18. Including elements of famous architects without copying their work
- 19. Creating healthy living spaces in third-world countries
- 20. Architecture and the family. The need for togetherness and privacy
Your architecture dissertation topic will need to reflect your specialty interest. If you plan to design homes, you should not write a dissertation where you explore the architecture of famous bridges. You want to use this time to investigate the latest research in architecture so you can show your committee that you are committed to the industry. Your dissertation could lead you to a lucrative career, so it is important that you take time creating the perfect topic and title for your work. Before you commit to a title, you should always check it against the requirements for your paper. Your school might have a word or character limit that you need to follow. Staying within the requirements shows your committee that you paid attention to the rules.